Parent Opt Out Letters
- Texas State Opt out Letter - cites Texas law, can be used to opt out of any instruction that violates family's moral beliefs, as well as immunizations or the collection of personal information on the student.
- Pride Week (October 9 - 13, 2017)
- General opt out for LGBT-focused lessons, material and activities
Resources for teaching sexuality to children and teens at home
- The Princess and the Kiss by Jennie Bishop, a story of God's Gift of Purity
- Life Lessons from the Princess and the Kiss, Planting Seeds of Purity in Young Hearts for girls
- Theology of the Body for Teens
Books for kids and teens
- You're Teaching My Child What?: A Physician Exposes the Lies of Sex Ed and How They Harm Your Child by Miriam Grossman, M.D. - an excellent science-based book written by a medical doctor
- Hooked: New Science on How Casual Sex is Affecting Our Children by Freda McKissic Bush and Joe S. McIlhaney Jr.
- Theology of the Body for Beginners by Christopher West
Upcoming Classes and Trainings for Parents and Teens
- Theology of the Body Classes. Claretian Hall at St. John's Parish in San Marcos, 624 E Hopkins. The Classes cover what the Bible teaches about true love, about the purpose of marriage, and what it means to be an adopted child of God. It brings clarity to why each human being deserves dignity and why we should treat our bodies as a Temple of the Holy Spirit, and much more, All Classes are free. Workbooks cost $12 to $15, but are optional. For more information and schedule, email firstname.lastname@example.org